Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

4/08/2010

Pepperoni Bread

I am making a double batch, the recipe below is for a single loaf.

1 (1 pound) pizza dough (today I used a ready made dough from Publix)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tablespoon dried basil leaves (today I used fresh from my plant)
1/2 tablespoon dried minced onion flakes
1/2 tablespoon dried oregano (today I used fresh from my plant)
1 (8 ounce) package sliced pepperoni sausage
1 (6 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
Italian herbs and olive oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into an approximately 12x18 inch rectangle. Brush dough lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with basil, onion flakes and oregano. Layer with pepperoni to within a half inch of the edges. Top with mozzarella cheese

Beginning with the longest edge, roll dough and pinch to seal seam. Place seam side down on a lightly greased baking sheet.

Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with dried Italian herbs.

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.



Fresh herbs from my container garden.



Loads of pepperoni!



Lots of cheese.

Ready for the oven.


All done and can't wait for dinner.

No comments: