Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

2/16/2010

French Countryside Bread

1 3/8 cups water
1 1/2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
4 cups white bread flour
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Place ingredients in order given by manufacturer of your bread machine.
Select French or Basic setting and desired Crust Color setting; press start.

Makes one (2 pound) loaf.

Since my machine isn't baking very well I will set it on dough cycle. When the cycle is done I am putting it into a loaf pan and letting it rise. Then bake it at 350 for 30 -35 minutes.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

We have been missing bread making since our bread machine went kaput, so we made this no-knead bread this weekend. It was really easy and really good.

http://www.aresrocket.com/bread/

Rebekah said...

Ok Lynn, this is my first time ever using my bread machine and I'm using this recipe. Will let you know how it turns out!

Rebekah said...

Ok it was GREAT! WONDERFUL RECIPE!