Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

2/09/2010

Enchilada Chili

I picked up another Betty Crocker magazine the other day and it is called Most Requested Recipes, Soups Stews and Chilies

I thought this one looked good, but as I made it, it was very bland. So I added some cumin, chili powder and salt.

1 lb lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso enchilada sauce
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
1 can (15 to 16 oz) spicy chili beans in sauce undrained (I only had mild and I think that is why it tasted bland)
1 cup chili cheese flavored corn chips if desired (skipping that)

In a 4 qt saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is brown; drain.

Stir in tomatoes, enchilada sauce and corn into beef. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Stir in beans. Cook 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle individual servings with corn chips. (I am going to sprinkle shredded cheddar instead)

No comments: