Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

6/21/2011

Fettuccine Alfredo My Way

Miss V picked this out of her Emeril's There's a chef in my family cookbook.

Oh it came out so rich and creamy.  It is a good thing that we don't eat like this all the time.

1 pound fettuccine
1 tbs plus 1 tsp salt
2 tbs unsalted butter
1 tbs olive oil
1/4 cup diced ham
1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
1 tbs minced garlic
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup green peas defrosted
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Bring a large pot of water to a boil.

Add the pasta and tbs of the salt.  Return to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente, stirring occasionally to prevent the noodles from sticking, about 10 to 12 minutes.

Meanwhile, melt the butter and heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.

Add the ham and cooking stirring for 1 minute.

Add the onion and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.

Add the garlic, and cook stirring for 30 seconds.

Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil.  Cook until the volume is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.  Add the peas 1 tsp salt and the pepper.  Stir well.

Using oven mitts or pot holders, drain the pasta in a colander set in the sink and place the pasta in a large bowl.

Pour the sauce over the pasta,  Add the cheese and toss to coat.

Serve immediately.


3 comments:

raquel @ erecipe Free Nutritional Calculator said...

hmmmm...this looks excellent, simple to make, but nutritious too. =)

Erin said...

This is one of my most favorite dishes. I've never added ham and peas to mine. Where have I been??? I'm definitely going to try this! Thanks!

BumbleVee said...

yum...... of course, the cream, (heavy) hahahha.....is a killer...but, what the heck..if we don't eat it every day.... it should be okay once in awhile...
maybe I'll wait til next month...after I have my cholesterol checked. No.. wait... I'll have it now just in case!