Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

5/29/2011

Caprese Salad

This was our first course last night for our Lady and the Tramp dinner and movie.  You just can't beat the taste of fresh mozzarella, vine ripened tomatoes, basil and olive oil.

2 large beefsteak tomatoes
1 pound fresh mozzarella (I forgot to go to the Italian market on Friday, so I just picked up some BelGioiso fresh mozzarella and it was presliced)
12 large basil leaves
Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil

Cut tomatoes into thick slices.

Layer them in a circle alternating slices of tomato and mozzarella. Shiffonade the basil and sprinkle over the top of the salad. Sprinkle with sea salt and fresh black pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil.








Mmmm it was really good!

Sharing this recipe here:
Seaside Simplicty Wanted Salads
Melt in your mouth Monday #21

6 comments:

Shaheen said...

Absolutely beautiful plate of salad. I bet the smell of basil was a delight too.

Lynn - A Foodie and Her Family said...

Thanks for stopping by. The basil smell is heavenly.

hhislandgirl said...

I love caprese salads, and like to see different variations. The presentation here is beautiful!

Martha said...

How about this one? It should definitely be included in the Salad Round up! :-)

Lynn - A Foodie and Her Family said...

Hi Martha!

Just linked it up too! I am loving the salads that are being posted. Yum!!

Martha said...

Just stopping back over to say thanks for linking this one up at the Salad Round Up too :-)