Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

3/07/2010

Lemon Chicken and Rice

This also came from the Taste of Home Chicken Magazine. It wasn't lemony enough so I added another tablespoon or so.

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into strips
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large carrot, thinly sliced
2 tbs butter (I used light olive oil)
2 garlic cloves minced
1 tbs cornstarch
1 can (14 1/2 oz) chicken broth (I used chicken stock from a box)
2 tbs lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
1 cup frozen peas

In a large skillet, cook chicken, onion and carrot in butter for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer.

In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, lemon juice and salt until smooth. Gradually add to skillet; bring to a boil. cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in rice and peas. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

My DH loves Lemon Chicken, I am going to give this one a try.