Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

12/28/2009

Italian Sausage Soup

Victoria picked this out of a magazine, but I am doubling some of the ingredients. Below is how I am making it right now.

2 pounds Italian Sausage links (casing removed and any kind that you like. I am using sweet)
1 large onion chopped
2 large carrots chopped
2 large stalks of celery chopped
8 cups chicken stock (2 boxes)
1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tsp dried Italian seasoning
2 bay leaves
1/2 to 1 cup dried orzo pasta

In a large dutch oven, cook sausage, onion, carrot and celery over medium high heat until sausage is brown, stirring to break up meat as it cooks. Drain well.

Add stock, tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, Italian seasoning and bay leaves to sausage mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.

Add uncooked pasta. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes more.

Discard bay leaves. If desired top each serving with a little shredded Parmesan cheese.



1 comment:

Rebekah said...

WOW this is on my shopping list, looks good :) I'm gonna post it on one of my boards.