This is what I am making for dinner tonight. I needed something quick because I will be gone most of the day trying to start and finish Christmas shopping and then Jimmy has a doctor's appointment.
2 tbs olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 pound chicken tenders (I am using breasts and slicing them in strips)
1 1/2 cups uncooked couscous
1/2 tsp salt
1 (14 oz) can diced tomato with roasted garlic, undrained
1 (15 oz) can chick peas, drained and rinsed
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cumin
1 cup frozen peas
1/4 tsp red hot
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion; cook for 3 minutes. Add chicken and cook for 5 more minutes, stir a few times.
While chicken is cooking, bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add couscous and salt; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 10 minutes.
While couscous is standing, add tomatoes, chick peas and spices to chicken mixture and mix well. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add peas and Red Hot, mix well. Cover and cook 5 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
Fluff couscous with fork. Serve chicken mixture over couscous.
No comments:
Post a Comment