After a busy week I realized I didn't have enough time to make rolled cookies for my neighbor's cookie swap. While going through the Wilton Cookie Exchange Book, I found a recipe called Mint Surprise Cookies.
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all purpose four
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cups unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 tsp Wilton Pure Vanilla Extract
40 to 50 Wilton Dark Cocoa Mint Candy Melts
Additional Wilton Dark Cocoa Candy Melts, melted (optional)
Preheat oven to 375. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg, yolk and vanilla; mix well. Add flour mixture; stir until just combined. Roll dough into 1 inch balls; press one candy melt into center of each ball, shaping dough around candy to cover completely. Place cookies 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove cookies to a cooling grid; cool completely. If desired, place on parchment paper. Drizzle cookies with additional melted candy and chill until set.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
I am going to double the above recipe.
1 comment:
I was so happy to see you posted this recipe. I bought the Wilton cookie exchange book and brought it with me to get ingredients for the mint surprise cookies. Then my husband and I had to exchange vehicles and on my way home I realized I forgot my Wilton cookie exchange book and was so upset cause I needed to make the cookies tonight. So I looked online hoping maybe someone had posted it and there you were!!! Thank you so much.
The bulk barn in town did not have the dark coco mint melts. So I got just the dark coco melts instead. I doubled the recipe as I was baking for a cookie exchange and I added 2 tsp of mint extract to the wet mix, just before I added the dry mixture. This recipe was very easy to make, very easy to follow. And I know everyone's oven is different but I put mine in for 9 mintues and 30 seconds and they came out perfectly. I think I could have even put them in for just 9 mintues. Then I tasted one and it was great!!!! I love the mint flavor and I love the chocolate inside. Although I kinda wish the chocolate inside was a bigger amount.
I will definitely be making these again!!
Post a Comment