Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

11/10/2009

French Apple Pie

I had a single pie crust left over from last week and looked through my favorite old cookbook. It is Betty Crocker's New Cookbook. I found a recipe that called for a single crust, woo hoo!

One pie crust, can be homemade or premade
For the pie:
1/3 to 2/3 cups sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, fresh is best!
dash of salt
8 cup thinly sliced, peeled tart apples (I used granny smith)

For the crumb topping
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (I melted it)

Mix the topping ingredients in a large bowl until crumbly.

Heat oven to 425.

Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl. Stir in apples. Turn into a pastry lined pie plate.

Sprinkle topping mixture over the apple mixture and bake for 50 minutes. During the last 10 minutes of baking cover with foil to prevent the crumb topping from getting to browned or burnt. The top of mine had a few spots that got a little to done. But is smells great!!!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Darren would love this, apple pie is his fav. dessert.