I don't know about you, but I despise making rolled out cookie dough. It is always such a hassle! I really watched the video a few times and just shook my head.
You can see the video at Tidy Mom Rolling Cookie Dough.
I also decided to use her cookie dough but did skip the almond extract. I didn't think it would go so well with the Marshmallow Fondant that I made with Lemon Extract. You can find the original recipe at Tidy Mom Halloween Cookies.
6 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups unsalted butter - room temp
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs - room temp
4 Tbsp milk
3 tsp vanilla
Combine flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
Cream sugar and butter, then add eggs milk and vanilla.
Roll out on waxed paper about 1/4 inch thick and then put into the fridge for 20 minutes. While chilling preheat oven to 350.
After chilling out shapes and place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes. You do not want them to brown. I did find that 12 minutes were perfect for my very large cookies.
When cooled decorate. I actually made a batch of Marshmallow fondant the day before. I rolled it out and cut stars out with the same cookie cutter that I was going to use for the cookies. I let them air dry a bit over night.
When each tray of the cookies came out of the oven, I let them cool for about 2 minutes then gently placed a fondant star on top and push down very gently to make sure it was adhering to the cookie. Then let them cool completely. I ended up with about 30 large cookies.
I am sorry that I didn't snap pictures during the process. I really needed and wanted to keep my full attention on the cookies. Next time I will defintely take pictures.
As for decorating on top of the fondant. I did use some premixed royal icing packets left over from our gingerbread houses. I did not like they way it looked so I wiped it off with a wet paper towel and let the fondant dry. Luckily I realized this after one cookie.
When all the cookies were completely cooled, I put them on a large tray and placed the white and purple chocolate Paw Prints around the tray and on some of the cookies.
I am happy to say, that the tray was gobbled up and not one cookie or candy came home. Poor Miss V didn't get to have one at the game. Luckily for her I did keep a cookie or two home.
Sharing this recipe here:
Melt In Your Mouth Monday #101
No comments:
Post a Comment