Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

1/07/2010

Tacos in Pasta Shells

Tonight I am going to make tacos with a twist. I found the recipe in a Better Homes and Garden magazine called Ultimate Casseroles. It was rather bland at first, so I added some homemade Taco Seasoning. I also just made it in one 13x9 glass baking dish. They were touching and didn't get dried out from the baking.

12 oz dried jumbo pasta shells
2 16 oz jars of salsa
2 1/2 pounds of ground beef
6 oz cream cheese, cut up
2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Chopped tomato (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.

Cook pasta according to the package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
Meanwhile, divide about 1 cup of the salsa between two ungreased 2 quart baking dishes, spreading evenly. Set aside.

In an extra large skillet, cook ground meat over medium heat until brown. Drain off fat. Stir in cream cheese and chili powder. Cool slightly.

Spoon meat mixture into cooked pasta shells. Arrange filled shells on top of the salsa in the dishes. Top with remaining salsa.

Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered, about 15 minutes more until heated through. If desired sprinkle with tomato.




No comments: