Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

1/07/2010

Chocolate Caramel Sticky Buns

This morning I was flipping through my, Betty Crocker Best Bread Machine Cookbook and found this recipe. Looked pretty interesting so I decided to try it out.

3/4 cup water
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 egg
3 cups bread flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa powder
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp bread machine yeast.

Caramel topping:

Place 1/2 cup melted butter into an ungreased 13x9 pan. Stir in 1 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup corn syrup until well blended. Spread evenly in pan,

3/4 cup pecan halves (I chopped them)
2 tbs butter softened
Chocolate Chip Filling (1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, 2 tbs brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon)

Measure carefully, placing all ingredients except Caramel Topping, pecans, 2 tbs butter and chocolate chip filling in bread machine pan.

Select dough cycle. Do not use delay cycles.

Remove dough from pan. Cover and let rest 10 minutes on a lightly floured surface. Prepare Caramel Topping in an ungreased 13x9 pan. Sprinkle with the pecan.s

Roll dough into a 15x10 inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread 2 tbs butter over dough. Prepare chocolate chip filling; sprinkle over butter. Roll dough up tightly, beginning at 15 inch side; pinch edge of dough into roll to seal. Stretch and shape roll to make even. Cut roll into fifteen 1 inch slices. Place slightly apart in the pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place about 30 minutes or until double.

Heat oven to 350. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until dark brown. Immediately turn pan upside down onto a heatproof serving platter or tray. Let pan remain over buns 1 minute; remove pan.

Here are mine, all ready to rise.

A close up.

All out of the oven and I flipped them into a larger baking dish.


A close up.



I "had" to sample one. Look how yummy it is and it tastes very yummy!!






3 comments:

Pam Szal said...

The calories are removed during the baking process, correct? Good!

Des said...

Makes me wish I had a bread maker very badly!! ;o)

Rebekah said...

I will use my bread maker for the first time! :)