So a friend asked if I could make a cake for her daughter's birthday and we came up with a theme of Tampa Bay Lightning. Oh I am such a traitor, my Masshole card should be revoked.
Anyway I started the cake yesterday and baked them and covered all three pieces with fondant and left the detail pieces for today. Thanks to Google and Hostesss being back in business I found that Hostess Ding Dongs are the perfect shape and size for hockey pucks. I also printed out the world BOLTS in the team font and traced it onto the fondant. For the jersey I found a hockey jersey template on a site that makes custom jerseys. So I enlarged the picture and traced it in the dark blue fondant and added the white and black stripes. The lightning bolt actually is a jewelry charm that my fantastic little assistant Miss V found at Hobby Lobby yesterday. I made a little version of the Stanley Cup and painted with silver luster dust and lemon extract.
I think it came out pretty good even though it isn't Black and Gold with a big ole B on it ;o)
Here are all the process pictures.
Hope everyone enjoys it tonight.
4 comments:
You are so talented! Beautiful cakes
You are so talented! Beautiful cakes
Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time. myself very happy to read it because it can give me more insight, thanks.. Visit my blog..thankyou
Bet88
Slot888
Nagaslot99
Raja88 Slot
I just loved your article on the beginners guide to starting a blog.If somebody take this blog article seriously in their life, he/she can earn his living by doing blogging.
Royalbet88
Bola365
Hokibet77
Mega Slot888
Post a Comment