A few weeks ago I bought a box of Quinoa at the store. I have seen lots of Pins with great looking salad ideas. So yesterday I picked one out from The Garden Grazer. I made it, but it was very bland so I tweaked it a bit and here is what I used.
1 cup uncooked quinoa
15 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 large Beefsteak Tomato
5 or 6 mini peppers (red, yellow, orange) diced
1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
4
green onions
For the dressing
2 Tbsp. olive oil
Zest and juice of two lemons
1 1/2 tsp. basil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Cook Quinoa according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk
together olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and basil. Set aside.
Slice green onions,
dice tomato and peppers.
When quinoa is done cooking, let cool. I spread it out on a plate to cool quicker
Then place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
Pour dressing over top and
mix well to combine. Adjust seasonings.
Cover the bowl and place in the fridge to cool for a couple hours and allow the flavors to develop.
This is a super salad to keep in the fridge this summer. It was very light and very tasty!
Here is what I had for dinner, Burger with Mozzarella Cheese, fresh Basil leave, Balsamic Vinegar on a wheat bun and the two salads.
1 comment:
Thanks for making me hungry
Post a Comment