Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

11/26/2010

Cranberry Apple Stuffing

This recipe I found in the Novemember issue of the Food Network Magazine in the little pull out section.  I made this to go along with the turkey.  Yes I know the turkey had its own stuffing, but I MUST have a traditional bread stuffing too.

1 stick unsalted butter
2 cups onion, diced
2 apples, chopped ( I used Granny Smith)
1 cup dried cranberries
2 cups celery, diced
1 tablespoon sage, minced
1 tablespoon thyme, minced
salt and pepper
3 cups chicken stock
2 eggs
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
16 cups bread cubes (I cut up two loaves of sourdough from Publix and dried them in the oven)

Melt 1 stick of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.

Add the onion, apples, cranberries, celery, sage, thyme and salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.

Add 3 cups stock and bring to a simmer.

Beat 2 eggs with 1/4 cup chopped parsley in a large bowl; add 16 cups cubed stale bread then pour the vegetables/stock micture and toss.


Transfer to a buttered baking dish and dot with butter.

Cover and bake 30 minutes at 375. Uncover then bake for 30 more minutes until golden brown.


 
This came out so good!!!!  I did keep the crust on the bread and those pieces got nice and crispy, just the way I like my stuffing.

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails