Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

11/25/2012

Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice Drink

I have been searching high and low for the recipe for Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice drink.  There are lots of copycat recipes and then....I stumbled upon the real recipe from an ex-barista.

Here is the link to her blog entry.

The key is you must have the Cinnamon Dolce syrup.  I didn't even have to ask for a pump, the sweet girl working just grabbed one for me.



Ingredients for a single cup
Apple Juice 12 oz
Cinnamon Dolce Syrup 3 pumps or 3 tbs
Caramel Sauce (the ice cream topping kind)
Whipped Cream

I don't understand their sizes at all, I am just not into fru-fru coffee.  Just give me a Dunkies Medium, 2 sugar and cream.

Woops went off topic...Anyways, I decided to make a double sized batch so that Miss V and I could have them in our pretty new glass mugs.


So I poured 24 ounces of apple juice into my big 4 cup glass measuring cup and went to put the handy dandy pump into the syrup and proceeded to spill a bunch.  Why and how?  Well the pump is about 3 inches to long for my bottle so it spilled out the top and all over the counter.

After wiping up the sticky mess, I measured out 6 tablespoons of the syrup and poured them into the apple juice.  I microwaved the juice/syrup for about 3 minutes until it was hot.

I then poured the hot juice into our new glasses.


Then of course we had to have a squirt of whipped cream.


Then a quick swirl of caramel syrup.


The verdict....oh yea!!!  It was right on!  Both Miss V and  I loved it!

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails