Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

6/02/2012

Freezer Meals

I forgot to post this back in May....

I know I have posted on my crafty blog about how much I love Pinterest.  There have been many pins lately regarding "freezer meals".  Anyway I went to a blog called Ring Around The Rosies.  Two of her recipes looked perfect for what I just picked up at the store.

I made up the Chicken Teryiaki and the Sausage and Peppers.  I did have to change the Sausage a bit though.

Chicken Teryiaki
Large bag of carrots
Red Onion into Large Chunks (I used a couple small sweet onions)
2 large cans pineapple (undrained)
4 Garlic Cloves (I peeled and smashed them)
4 Chicken Breasts (I cut them into large chunks)
1 cup teriyaki sauce (I skipped this step and just put in when I put it into the crockpot)

Follow directions above, and split everything into two gallon freezer bags. shake it up, seal, label and put in the freezer. Written on the bag: Add 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce to crock pot, Cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours. Serve over hot rice.




Next up was the Sausage and Peppers
6 Italian Sausage (I just used a coil of Sweet Italian Sausage)
2 Green Bell Peppers
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 large red onion (I used a few small sweet onions)
4 cloves garlic, minced (I just peel and smashed, I find that small bits of garlic will burn if they are on the bottom of my crock pot)
2 cans italian diced tomatoes (I just used regular diced canned and added my own dried Italian seasonings)
drizzle olive oil

Follow directions above, and put everything into two gallon freezer bags, shake it up, seal, label and put in the freezer. Instructions for Bag: Cook on low 8 hours,

No comments: