Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

1/09/2009

Chicken Tortilla Soup

I have shared this recipe with a few people and haven't posted it here. I got this awesome recipe from one of my neighbors. It is yummy!!

Chicken Tortilla Soup

One large or two small chicken cutlets (put on bottom of crock)
1/2 - 3/4 jar Pace cilantro salsa
1 can (14oz I think) chopped tomatoes (with liquid)
1 1/2 - 2 cups chicken stock

Put liquids on top of chicken. Cook on high about 3 hours or until chicken is cooked. Shred chicken. Return to crock. Cook on low until ready to eat.

Two handfuls frozen corn (add about 30-60 minutes before serving)

I season to taste, but this is what I used. I put some chili powder, thyme and white pepper in to start. Salsa is medium, so you may not need any pepper. Cumin I added with the corn, and adjusted other seasonings to taste then.

Chili powder
Cumin (essential)
Ground thyme
Ground white pepper

Serve in a bowl with broken tortilla chips

No comments: