Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

2/11/2017

Cake Release

I do have to say my kitchen is pretty stocked at all times.  Well..... one day last week I prepped my Walmart Grocery pick up order.  I meticulously went through each recipe and added ingredients to my cart.  Checked out and picked up my order later that day.

When I got home and sorted every item out by recipe and went to the cabinet to get the baking spray with flour the can was just about empty.  Oh crud!!!!!  What is a home baker to do?  Go to Pinterest!

I immediately found a recipe for cake release that had lots of good reviews.  I had all the ingredients and decided to whip up a batch.

1 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of plain shortening
1 cup of All Purpose Flour

In a mixer combine all the ingredients until it become a smooth but loose paste.  Store in a mason jar in the fridge for a couple of months.  You of course could halve this or even quarter it.

I found that using a traditional pastry brush is much better than a silicone brush.  The tradition bristles get into the little crevices of mini bundt pans and the bottoms of the mini muffin pans.



2 comments:

loll said...

Such a nice & useful post. Really happy to see such post. I have come to know about many new ideas. I will try my best to implement some of them. Thanks.
visit our website

liza said...


Nice post. it is very interesting and informative. Thank you for the sharing.
visit our website