Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

6/09/2016

Chicken Fajita Dippers

Since going back to work almost a year ago, blogging has taken a backseat. Some recently asked about my blog and it made me realize how much I miss cooking and sharing recipes. So this week I have made Hot Ham & Swiss sliders, French Dip sandwiches, and tonight Chicken Fajita dippers. Recipes are forth coming, but pictures are on my Life of a Foodie and her Family Instagram account. Look me up and if you see this can you give it a lime so others may see it too. Happy eating!


This recipe, I pinned so long ago, it comes from I Heart Eating.

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning (I would change this next time and use my own fajita seasoning)
1 tablespoon lime juice (fresh or Nellie & Joe's)
Pinch brown sugar
2 cups shredded cooked chicken (you can make a full batch and use it for other meals)
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
About 12 small (soft taco sized) flour tortillas

Add about 1 ½ - 2 tablespoons of filling to the bottom of each tortilla.
Preheat oven to 415 F. Use a cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray.

In a skillet over medium low heat, warm the vegetable oil. Add diced pepper and onion, and cook until veggies are soft 3 or 4 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook for about 30 seconds and don't let it burn. Add taco or fajita seasoning, and cook for 30 seconds. Add the lime juice and brown sugar and chicken. Mix well, but be gentle.

Remove skillet from heat and let cool for a few minutes.

Lightly spray tortillas with the cooking spray. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until crisp.

Sprinkle cheese evenly over chicken mixture.

Roll the bottom over the mixture, then tuck in the sides and then roll tortilla up. I like to press them down a bit so they stick. Place seam side down on prepared cookie sheet.

Serve with sour cream and salsa. I also served this with yellow rice and refried black beans.



No comments: