Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

1/07/2015

Eggnog Quick Bread

So I made this for our Alpha Course a few weeks ago and never got to take a picture of it.  Then after Christmas I wanted to make it again and the stores were out of Eggnog.  Finally I found a store that had plain Eggnog, not pumpkin spice.  I made it for dessert last night and it is really good.

2 medium eggs, room temp
1 c sugar
1 c dairy eggnog
1/2 c butter, melted and cooled
2 tsp rum extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg (fresh, not pre-ground)

Eggnog Glaze
3/4 c powdered sugar
Eggnog added and stirred into the sugar until your desired consistency.

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a 9 inch loaf pan and set aside.

Sift the dry ingredients, flours, baking powder and nutmeg and set aside.

In a stand mixer combine eggs and sugar until well combined.  Add the eggnog, butter and extracts.  Then gradually add in the dry ingredients.  Mix until just combined.  Do not over mix or the bread with be tough.  This is a thick batter.

Pour and spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan.  Bake for 50 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out dry.

Remove from pan and place on a wire rack until cool.

Mix the glaze and pour over the bread and allow to set for a few minutes.



2 comments:

The Better Baker said...

Oh yeh...this looks and sounds wonderful. I love giving quick breads for gifts for the holidays, and this one will definitely be added to my list next Christmas season. I have learned to make my own eggnog (eggless, sugar free even) and we love it, so I can make things like this whenever I want. YAY! =) Printing and pinning! Thanks for sharing.

Lynn - A Foodie and Her Family said...

I bet you could even make them in mini loaf pans too. I will give that a try next Christmas. Since I had a bit of Eggnog leftover, I just made some yummy Eggnog Muffins.