Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

1/16/2015

Chicken Parmesan Casserole

I found this recipe on Pinterest and thought it looked interesting.  The original recipe can be found at Thriving Home Blog.  Again this is one of those "freezer meals" if you like to prep dinners ahead of time.  Me...not so much.

4 cups of shredded, cooked chicken (I roasted a few chicken breast the other night and used three chopped up for this recipe)
1 jar (23-28 ounces) of marinara sauce (I love Newman's Own Marinara) 
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup panko 
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
Italian dried herbs
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease an 8x8 casserole dish with cooking spray.

Layer the chicken in the bottom. Pour on the marinara sauce and gently wiggle the pan so that the sauce and chicken combine.

Top with cheeses until all the chicken and sauce mixture is covered.

In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, olive oil, herbs, salt and a bit of pepper.

Sprinkle the seasoned breadcrumbs on top.

Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden on top and bubbling on the sides. (I let it bake for 30 minutes so the top would be good and crispy)



This came out pretty good.  I think I would double this and make it in a 9 x 13 pan for our Alpha Course this spring.  I am glad that I baked it a bit longer.  The Panko was nice and toasty.

No comments: