Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

12/31/2014

Chicken Enchiladas

While menu planning this week I thought of my nephew Mikey joking about my Chicken Enchiladas.  I haven't made them in years, I think maybe 4 or 5 years.  He would always request them when he was hanging out at house during Christmas break or summer time.  So I came here to get the recipe and I couldn't believe it!  I never blogged it!!!  Well that has to change, because it is yummy and one of my favorite comfort food things.

1 3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped green onion, white and green parts
1/3 cup minced cilantro, if you don't like it use parsley
1 tbs minced fresh jalapeno
1 large clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp ground cumin

1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
Vegetable Oil

8 (8 inch) flour tortillas

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (mild or sharp)
1 cup bottled salsa (totally forgot this last night)
1 chopped tomato

Preheat oven to 350.

Spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray.

In a small bowl mix together sour cream, green onion, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic and cumin.  Set aside.

In a large skillet add the vegetable oil and cook the chicken breast strips over medium high heat until browned on both sides and no longer pink.

Lay out the 8 tortillas and divide the chicken evenly.

Spread the sour cream mix on top of the chicken breast strips.

Roll the tortillas and place seam side down in the baking dish.

Sprinkle with the cheese.

Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.

Uncover and broil for a few minutes until the cheese starts to bubble and the edges of the tortillas start to brown.

Remove from oven and spoon the salsa  in a strip down the center and sprinkle on the chopped tomato.

You can serve this with salad or rice.








These always come out great!  I need to put them back on the menu more often.

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails