Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

11/04/2014

Teacher Appreciation lunch menu and Overnight Blueberry French Toast Casserole

Last week Miss V's class hosted the Teacher Appreciation Lunch at school.  I had asked a while ago on Facebook what would be a good theme.  I was so tired of the huge salad bar that we have done since Kindergarten.  I know the teachers love it, but I just wanted something different.  One awesome teacher suggested breakfast.  That sounded perfect and I got to planning!

We had:
Muffins, Banana Breads, Bagels, cream cheese and Pumpkin Cream Cheese
Breakfast casseroles in crock pots
Bacon, sausage links and patties
Fruit

For drinks we had Orange Juice, a variety of teas and Caramel Apple Spice copycat.


 For my casserole, I made a full size version of Overnight Blueberry French Toast Casserole and skipped the syrup.

3 or 4 loaves of day old french bread, cut into cubes
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut in cubes
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
12 large eggs
⅓ cup maple syrup
1 cup of heavy cream
1 cup milk or cream
1 teaspoon vanilla

Arrange ½ of the bread cubes in a greased 9 x 13 pan.

Sprinkle cream cheese cubes and blueberries evenly over the bread cubes.

Top and evenly sprinkle with remaining bread cubes.

Mix together eggs, syrup, milk and vanilla in a blender.

Pour over bread cubes. Press the bread cubes slightly down to absorb the milk/egg mixture. Cover pan with foil. Let chill in refrigerator overnight.

Bake covered with foil at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until fluffy and golden brown.

Well, I splurged last week and bought a new crock pot.  I put the casserole together in the crock and baked it in the oven.  When it was done, I put the crock in the base and brought it to school.  Once at school, I turned it on the warm setting.  By 10:30 it was still hot.

I do believe everyone enjoyed it and it was scraped clean!  Skipping the syrup was a good decision, it would overwhelm the casserole with sweetness.


I can wait to use this new crock pot tomorrow when I make Baked Ziti for our Church's Alpha Class.

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails