Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

8/11/2014

Back to school shopping

I also have been thinking that this school year, I am going back to blogging what Miss V has for lunch. I had a follower comment a while back that they didn't really want to see all sorts of school lunch posts and that kind of made me upset. Comments on blogs are personal whether they are positive or negative. As much as I love Pinterest, I have noticed now since everyone uses it, I get way fewer comments. I know that when I try a recipe from Pinterest and it is good I do try and leave a comment for the blogger. School starts in a couple weeks so I will be posting regularly again.

Back to school shopping has begun.  Miss V starts back next week and while at Walmart last week I saw the Rubbermaid LunchBlox on sale.  So I picked up the Salad Kit and Sandwich Kit.  The main reason I wanted to try them, is the Blue Ice pack.  I like how the components snap onto the ice pack.  One of Miss V's complaints has been that the ice packs that we currently use sometimes gets to close to her crackers or chips and they feel soggy by lunch time.  At her school the kids have to bring lunch all 5 days as we don't have a kitchen that serves food.  In a couple weeks, usually after Labor Day, Pizza Friday starts.  You can choose to order pizza for the whole school year and I am really hoping that it comes from Marcos again.



And speaking of Pinterest, what is up with all those OVER THE TOP lunch ideas.  Do people actually do that everyday for their kids?  I can see once in a while, but wow....

I think Miss V and I need to talk a bit this week about what she wants in her lunches next week.  The first week of school sometime is hard just getting back into the routine.  We are working on getting her back into a routine this week by going to bed early and using her alarm to wake up at 6:30.  Next week she will be getting up at 5:30.  I know she isn't looking forward to that part.  She is looking forward to seeing some of her friends that she hasn't seen all summer.

When do your kids start back to school and how often do you have to pack lunches?  I would love to hear your comments.

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails