Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

4/07/2014

Banana Pudding

Last Friday's Alpha Dinner was pulled pork or sloppy joes and our group is about 18 people I figured one dessert.  I kept seeing different Banana Pudding recipes so I asked my Facebook friends their thoughts and it was a bit varied.

I went with a recipe from My Life as a Mrs. The reason I picked this was that it did use a thicker cookie because I had to make this early on Friday and I didn't want it getting to mushy.  I have heard that banana pudding is supposed to be mushy, but I like a bit of texture.

2 (3.4 ounce) boxes instant French vanilla pudding
2 1/2 cups cold milk
16 ounces heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies
6 to 8 ripe bananas, sliced

In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together the instant pudding and the milk until well combined. Place in the fridge to thicken.

In another bowl, beat the cream until medium to stiff peaks form. Mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla into the whipped cream.

In another bowl, add the softened cream cheese and the sweetened condensed milk and beat until well combined. Fold 2/3 of the whipped cream into the cream cheese/sweetened condensed milk mixture. Then, fold that mixture into the pudding and fold until well combined.

Line the bottom of a trifle dish with some of the cookies (breaking them in half helps them lay better). Top with sliced bananas and then 1/3 of the pudding mixture.

Repeat two more times.

Top with remaining whipped cream.

Refrigerate for at least a few hours before serving.

I totally missed that you were supposed to add the pudding mix with the cream cheese mixture for the first layer.  Woops.  I had Brownie Trifle in my head when it came to layering.

Anyway I quickly folded the rest together and completed the layers and put it in the fridge to cool.

It came out really well and didn't have to many leftovers.

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails