Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

2/14/2014

Valentine Cut out Cookies 2014

Yesterday I made some cute cookies for Alpha which is on Valentine's Day.  I don't like to really celebrate Valentine's Day.  I know it is just me, but telling someone once a year that you love them because the calendar says you should, just doesn't work for me.  I do like to make cutesy little treats though.

For the Cookies

6 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups unsalted butter - room temp
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs - room temp
4 Tbsp milk
3 tsp vanilla

Sprinkles, sugars, and whatever decorations that you like.  I have a sprinkles addiction...

Combine flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.

Cream sugar and butter, then add eggs milk and vanilla.

Slowly add the flour mixture and beat until combined.

Roll out on waxed paper about 1/4 inch thick and then put into the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes.  While chilling preheat oven to 350.  After chilling, cut out shapes and place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet.

I can not stress this enough, keep everything; pans, dough, cookie cutters cold.  This makes it so much easier.  Between batches I would chill the pans in the fridge and the cookie cutters in the freezer.

Bake for 10-12 minutes.  You do not want them to brown.  I did find that 10 minutes were perfect for this size cookie.


I saw cute two toned cookies somewhere on Pinterest and thought I would try them out.  So I tinted some of the dough Fuchsia with Americolor Gels.  Doing this, you need to keep everything COLD or you will have a problem cutting out the two sizes and fitting in the opposite colored heart.









No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails