Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

2/27/2014

Taco Hand Pies

If you are on Pinterest, I am sure you have recently seen a pin for Taco Hand Pies.  The original can be found at Whipperberry.

I had planned to make them earlier in the week, but I just couldn't find time to get back to Walmart to pick up the Corn Biscuits.  Finally I went after I dropped Miss V off at school.

1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1 sweet onion
1 lb. ground beef
Kosher ​salt & pepper
1 packet of taco seasoning (I use my own homemade blend)
1 can of refried beans
1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can of drained corn (I used frozen corn)
1 package of Finely Shredded Cheese (I used a Colby Jack Blend)
2 cans of Pillsbury Corn Biscuits
1 egg beaten

Sour Cream and Salsa

Preheat oven to 350.

Cut your onion in half and then into little strips.  Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.  When the oil is hot add the onions and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes.

Add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper.  When the beef is browned, drain off the fat.  Stir in the taco seasoning.  Add the black beans, corn and refried beans.  The the mixture cook for a few minutes until it is heated through.

Lightly flour a surface and roll out the biscuit.  Place 1/4 cup of beef mixture in the center of the rolled biscuit. Top with some cheese and then with a pastry brush, brush on egg wash along the edge of the biscuit dough. Fold over and seal with a fork.

Place onto a lightly greased baking sheet or use parchment.

Repeat until all biscuits are filled.  (I only used one can since it is only three of us).

Brush the egg wash on top of each biscuit and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.

Remove from oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.

Serve with Sour Cream and Salsa.




These were incredibly yummy!!!!!  I put the leftover filling in the fridge and will make another batch for lunch or dinner.

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails