Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

2/01/2014

Shredded Chicken

I may not look like I have been making "dinner" food in a few weeks.  I have been, but nothing new.  With the cooler temps here in SW Florida, I have been making some favorites that have already been blogged.

The other day I made a crockpot full of shredded chicken.

6 large boneless skinless and can be frozen Chicken Breasts
1 can of diced tomatoes, not drained
1 jar of salsa
1 tbs chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbs brown sugar
 
Put the chicken in the bottom of your crock pot.
 
In a bowl combine the rest of the ingredients and pour over chicken.
 
Cook on low for about 8-9 hours.
 
Take the chicken out and shred with two forks.  Place back in the crock pot to keep warm.

We like making what I call Tex-Mex Bowls with it.  The first night was white rice, black beans, kidney beans, corn, shredded chicken, shredded cheese and extra salsa.  

You can certainly adjust the bowls to what your family enjoys.  I usually like to add chopped avocado to mine.



No comments: