Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

11/28/2013

Turkey Cookies

I know everyone saw these on Facebook and Pinterest.  Since Miss V is in Middle School they typically don't have a harvest party.  I really needed and excuse to make them so I made them for our Alpha Class.

I do have to say, I had a problem with the cookie dough.  It was incredibly dry and the first batch were obviously to small for regular sized peanut butter cups.  So I made another batch and used my ice cream scoop and it actually broke.  I guess I will have to buy another one at Publix.

You can find the original recipe at Imperial Sugar.  For the frosting, I used
8 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
10 tbsp. milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Gel food coloring

Combine all ingredients except food coloring in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium-high speed until smooth and stiff, 4-5 minutes.  Tint with your favorite colors.




I did run to Sweetbay and picked up a couple packages of Snack Size Peanut Butter cups.  If I make them again, I am NOT using that cookie recipe!  I will stick to my favorite Rolled Butter Cookie recipe.

No comments: