Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

11/12/2013

Sweet Roasted Acorn Squash

Yesterday I needed to bake up an acorn squash and wanted something different.  Usually I make it with butter, honey and cinnamon.

Well I found a great recipe from Sunny Anderson on Food Network.  I halved the recipe since I only had one squash.

1 acorn squash, sliced in 1/2, seeds removed
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (love using fresh)
Salt

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

Assemble acorn squash on a baking sheet. Place 1 tablespoon of butter and brown sugar in each half. Add 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg in each and season with salt. Bake until golden and tender, about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, basting flesh of squash several times.

Mine only took about 50 minutes and they were perfectly roasted.



I really enjoyed this and definitely make this again.

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails