Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

10/24/2013

Gooey S'Mores Cookies

I spotted these a long time ago on Pinterest and pinned it.  I also bought a container of the marshmallows, but somehow they disappeared.  Ok...Miss V snitched them.  I was upset that I could not find them again at Walmart.  The other day I was at Target and just happened to look up and there they were!  Woo hoo, I bought 3 containers of them and instructed my little assistant that she could NOT eat them.

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cups flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (7 full graham cracker sheets)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Mini Hershey’s Kisses (or chocolate chips/chunks)
1 cup Jet Puffed Mallow Bits
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes.


Meanwhile, use a food processor or blender to crush 7 graham cracker sheets into 3/4 cup fine crumbs. In a separate bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix on low speed until the dough just comes together. Add the chocolate and marshmallows and stir to combine.


Place 1.5 tablespoon sized scoops of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.


Makes 2 dozen cookies


I also have seen people say that they were a bit to dry and crumbly.  So I only used 1/2 cup of cracker crumbs and that seemed to be a little better.



They also were a hit last night and I let Miss V take home one or two.

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails