Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

10/18/2013

Chess Club Cupcakes

A friend asked if I could make a snack for the Chess Club at school and of course I said sure!  I looked around for Chess Club snacks and really didn't find much.

So I thought about cupcakes with Black & White Checkerboard liners, white and yellow frosting with little chocolate paw prints.  The school mascot is the Lion and the school colors are purple and gold.

My Butter Cream frosting: (this will easily frost 24 cupcakes, I doubled it and had a lot left over this time)
6 Cups Powdered Sugar
4 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
2 tsp vanilla extract
A little milk


Whisk butter in your stand mixer until smooth.  Add 1 cup of powdered sugar and mix to combine, repeat until all the sugar is incorporated.  Add the vanilla and a dash of milk.  Whisk on high for approximately three minutes until light and fluffy.


Sorry about the picture quality...I forgot to take pics with my regular camera these are just from my phone.

So I made two dozen dark chocolate and two dozen French Vanilla

 White buttercream
 Not a great picture, but inside the piping bag are two other bags.  One with white butter cream and the other with a light yellow butter cream.






They were a hit with the Chess Club.

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails