Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

10/28/2013

Caprese Phyllo Cups

By now you must know how much I love Pinterest....Here is a cute little appetizer that I pinned for our Cruising for Murder party.

You can find the original at Give me some oven.

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 (15-count) package mini phyllo cups
15 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
4 ounces fresh mozzarella, diced
4 large fresh basil leaves, cut into a chiffonade

In a small saucepan boil the balsamic vinegar over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until reduced by half. Remove from heat and allow to cool.  It should be nice and syrupy. 

Portion the tomatoes, mozzarella and fresh basil between the phyllo cups. Drizzle with the reduced balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately.






Since I forgot to take pictures on Saturday, I recreated them yesterday.  These were sooooooo good!  I probably could have eaten a dozen of them.

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails