Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

10/08/2013

Back to Football Friday Butter Cookies with Marshmallow Fondant Decoration

Last week was Back To Football Friday at Miss V's school.  We always have cookie bakers make desserts and I love to make special cookies that fit the theme.

So I whipped up some Marshmallow Fondant (actually two batches) One was tinted all brown and the other was half brown and the other I just left white.  I borrowed a football cookie cutter from one of the other moms.  I cut out the brown footballs and added white fondant stitching.  I left them to dry a bit on the counter and then made my favorite rolled butter cookie recipe.

For the Cookies
6 cups flour

4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups unsalted butter - room temp
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs - room temp
4 Tbsp milk
3 tsp vanilla
Combine flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
Cream sugar and butter, then add eggs milk and vanilla.
Slowly add the flour mixture and beat until combined.

Roll out on waxed paper about 1/4 inch thick and then put into the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes.  While chilling preheat oven to 350.  After chilling, cut out shapes and place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet.


I can not stress this enough, keep everything; pans, dough, cookie cutters cold.  This makes it so much easier.  Between batches I would chill the pans in the fridge and the cookie cutters in the freezer.

Bake for 10-12 minutes.  You do not want them to brown.  I did find that 10 minutes were perfect for this size cookie.

 When one batch came out of the oven, I put them on the table and immediately placed a fondant football on each cookie.  When that is done, go back and press GENTLY on the fondant.  It should have warmed up nicely and it when cooled it will be adhered to the cookie.


They came out adorable and one of the first cookies to disappear!

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails