Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

8/23/2013

Egg, Cheese, Potato and Bacon Breakfast Bowls

The other day while Miss V and I were grocery shopping, she saw Jimmy Dean Breakfast bowls.  They were on sale so I let her pick two to try.  Well yesterday morning she had the one with bacon.  She ate probably a third of it and was full.  She liked it, but said it was just to much to eat. That made me think a bit....I bet I could make some, but have it Miss V size.

This morning I had to stop by the store and I picked up some bacon for her Miss V sized breakfast bowls.  I had plenty of eggs, hash browns and cheese.


I used 7 eggs and half a small carton of egg whites.  I blended them up with a bit of milk in the blender.  Cooked the bacon in the oven, wow does that save on clean up.  Then cooked the hash browns.  When everything was done, I let it all cool down.

 
Mmm, yummy hash browns!
 


When everything was cooled, I then assembled them.

First a layer of the hash browns


Then some eggs

Sprinkle of cheese, this was Mexican blend


Then some BACON!
 
I ended up with nine Miss V sized breakfast bowls.
 


I really don't like to heat things in the microwave.  I think I will just pop them out into a Fiestaware bowls and cover them.  I think they will take about 2 minutes to reheat.

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails