Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

6/27/2013

Lemon Orzo with Mint and Feta

Yep another Pinterest recipe.  I have been on a kick of making different kinds of salads that keep well in the fridge.  You can find the original recipe on Fork, Knife, Swoon.

1 1/2 cups dry orzo pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 large English cucumber, seeded and chopped
1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped (Miss V did this for me with scissors)
1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped (Miss V did this for me with scissors)
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
 
Cook the Orzo according to package directions.  Drain and place into a medium bowl and coat with the olive oil.  Allow to cool.
 
In another bowl combine the lemon juice, zest, cucumber, mint, parsley.  Stir in the cooled orzo and feta cheese.
 
Season with salt and pepper.
 
Chill in the fridge for a few hours to allow the flavors to develop.
 

 
This came out pretty good.  I think next time I would like a little more lemon zest.  We had this with grilled chicken and I had some more of my Roasted Edamame Salad.

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails