Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

5/28/2013

Quinoa Vegetable Salad with Lemon-Basil Dressing

A few weeks ago I bought a box of Quinoa at the store.  I have seen lots of Pins with great looking salad ideas.  So yesterday I picked one out from The Garden Grazer.  I made it, but it was very bland so I tweaked it a bit and here is what I used.

1 cup uncooked quinoa
15 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 large Beefsteak Tomato
5 or 6 mini peppers (red, yellow, orange) diced
1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
4 green onions

For the dressing
2 Tbsp. olive oil
Zest and juice of two lemons
1 1/2 tsp. basil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cook Quinoa according to package directions.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and basil. Set aside.

Slice green onions, dice tomato and peppers.

When quinoa is done cooking, let cool. I spread it out on a plate to cool quicker

Then place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.

Pour dressing over top and mix well to combine.  Adjust seasonings.

Cover the bowl and place in the fridge to cool for a couple hours and allow the flavors to develop.


This is a super salad to keep in the fridge this summer.  It was very light and very tasty!

Here is what I had for dinner, Burger with Mozzarella Cheese, fresh Basil leave, Balsamic Vinegar on a wheat bun and the two salads.

1 comment:

Matt Lehn said...

Thanks for making me hungry

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails