Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

5/16/2013

Mother's Day Gift and Mango Blueberry Sorbet

See what Miss V picked out for my Mother's Day Gift

My old Krups one just wasn't working so well anymore...I couldn't have been happier that this is what she picked.  The freezer bowl went into the garage freezer immediately.

Today I finally had a chance to try it out.

3 cups of thawed Mango Chunks
1/2 cup of thawed Blueberries

Simple syrup made from 2 cups water and 1/2 cup of sugar.

I used the blender to puree the mango chunks with a bit of they syrup until smooth.  Then added the blueberries and checked for sweetness.  I didn't use all the syrup.

After blending, I did strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve.  Then poured it back into the blender container and placed in the fridge for a few hour.


The set up the ice cream maker and turned it on.






It tastes wonderful and I love my new ice cream maker.  I am definitely going to have to get another freezer bowl.

No comments: