Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

4/08/2013

Mandarin Chicken with Panda Express Sauce

So last night I made Mandarin Chicken with the Panda Express Sauce.  This time I used the same directions as the Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken.

Chicken and coating:

3 or 4 boneless chicken breasts
kosher salt and fresh black pepper
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil (I used much less than this)

Preheat your oven to 325.

Cut the chicken breast into bite size cubes.  Season with salt and pepper.  Create a breading station by putting the cornstarch in a bowl and the beaten eggs in another.  I like to do this on the stove top.

In a large skillet heat the vegetable oil over medium high heat.

Place a few pieces of chicken in the corn starch then shake off the excess and dredge in the egg.  Immediately put them in the hot oil.  Brown on all sides, but do not cook through.  Place the browned chicken into a 13x9 baking dish and continue browning the other pieces of chicken until done.


Pour a bit of sauce over the chicken.  Maybe a 1/4 of the bottle or to your liking.


Bake for one hours, turning the chicken every 15 minutes.  This step is very important if you want crispy chicken.


 I served this with rice and steamed broccoli.  This sauce was so good!!!!  Miss V loved it because it wasn't spicy like the Kung Pao sauce.

I also love cooking the chicken this way.  It keeps the chicken crispy and light.


I am definitely going to pick up the other sauces next time I am at Walmart.  So have any of you tried their sauces?  I asked my Facebook Fans if they have eaten at the restaurants and it was mixed.  Some love it, some didn't and some were saying it was just ok.


No comments: