Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

3/26/2013

Kung Pao Chicken with Panda Express Sauce

Last week I was at walmart finishing up my large shopping list for my son's pre-deployment cookout and spotted Panda Express Sauces in the Asian aisle.  I have never eaten at Panda Express, but everyone that has, has raved about it.  Well I picked up a couple different sauces.

I decided to make the Kung Pao Chicken.  Well the link on the bottle does not work, so I just had to wing it.

1 pkg of boneless skinless chicken cut into bite size cubes
Cornstarch
Eggs
Pepper and Onion frozen veggie mix, thawed

I made a little breading station and heated my wok to medium high and added peanut oil.

In batches, I dipped the chicken in the egg then dredged in the cornstarch.  Cook in the wok until golden brown and no longer pink in the middle.  Remove to a paper towel lined plate.  Continue until all the chicken is cooked.

Add the veggies to the wok to heat up, add the chicken to reheat.  Add as much sauce as you like and until all the chicken and veggies are coated.  Toss for about 30 seconds until the sauce is hot.

Serve with fried rice or white rice.




The sauce was FANTASTIC!!!!  It was hot and spicy but not over powering.  I am looking forward to trying some of the other sauces and maybe even try eating at Panda Express.

No comments: