Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

2/09/2013

Copycat Panera Asian Sesame Chicken Salad

Whew what a busy week.  I made this the other night and finally have a chance to blog it.  I found the recipe on Pinterest and you can find the original recipe at Iowa Girl Eats.  This make four nice sized portions

There are a lot of steps for this, but it is so worth it.

Salad
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 bag pre-washed baby spinach
1 bag of your favorite lettuce mix (no other veggies)
11oz can mandarin oranges packed in water
1/4 cup sliced almonds
Baked or fried wonton strips (I couldn't find any so I bought a container of fried rice noodles)
Toasted Sesame seeds

First I made the dressing so that it would cool.

1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbs vegetable oil
1-1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
pepper
1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted

Bring vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan. Turn off the heat, then add in the sugar and salt, stir until dissolved. Let cool. Combine with the rest of the dressing ingredients in a jar, and shake to combine.  I actually used a left over clear bottle that held Publix Red Wine Vinegar.  I think I will keep that bottle since it came in so handy.

Next the marinade for the chicken.

3 tbs low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Whisk together chicken marinade ingredients, and marinate chicken for 15 to 30 minutes. Grill until done, then let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Cut into slices.

Divide lettuce and spinach between four plates. Top with sliced chicken, salad dressing, and toppings then drizzle with the salad dressing.


Everyone loved this salad and we definitely make it again!!

1 comment:

Banessa's Delight said...

Reading the recipe cause my mouth to water! I love eating salads...and this one sounds and looks good!

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails