Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

1/14/2013

Mini Nutella Cups

Thank you Pinterest!  I pinned this recipe recently and knew I had to make it soon.  Who doesn't love Nutella/Chocolate Hazelnut Spread??  You can find the original recipe at Daisy Chubbs Tea and Treats


1 cup unsalted butter (softened) or Butter Flavor Crisco Stick
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

1 jar of Nutella, I used the Jif Chocolate Hazelnut Spread

Preheat your oven to 350.

Spray your mini muffin pan well with cooking spray.  This allow the cookie cups to pop right out.

Sift the dry ingredients (Flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl)

Cream butter and both sugar in bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time and then vanilla until fully incorporated. Gradually add dry ingredients and mix well.

I used a medium cookie scoop and portioned out the dough.  Roll into about 1 1/2 balls and drop into the muffin pan.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.  I did have a lot of dough left over that will be used for cookies after.

When done baking allow to cool in the pan for about 2 minutes.

When cool use the end of a wooden spoon, or in my case the wooden part of an apple corer to make a well in the cookie.

With a small cookie scoop I placed a scoop full of the chocolate hazelnut spread in each well.  Let it sit for a few minutes for it to warm up.  Use the back of a teaspoon to swirl around the tops so the filling becomes flat and pretty.  I actually ran out of the chocolate hazelnut spread so I dropped in a couple Kisses in the last three.



Let them cool in the pan for another 15 to 20 minutes.  Then carefully twist them and they should pop right out and place on a cooling rack.

 



They were so good!!!  Would I make them again, you bet!!!

Oh and the left over dough, I mixed in some mini chocolate chips and Miss V made mini chocolate chip cookies.

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails