Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

1/01/2013

Christmas Dinner - Eye Round Roast

A friend recently shared with me that she made an Eye Round Roast, but cooked at a super high temp for a very short time and then shut the oven off for a couple hours.

Well I had been trying to figure out what to make for Christmas Dinner.  Normally we do a Standing Rib Roast but that just gets pretty pricey even on sale.  Miss V and I went to Sweetbay in Venice on the way home from a play date.  They had the rib roast on sale for $6.99 a pound and Eye Round on sale, I forgot how much.  After much internal debate, I grabbed a 6 pound Eye Round.

I had googled for a good looking recipe with lots of comments and came across this recipe, Perfect Eye of Round Roast.  I loved reading the comments and the bloggers feedback.

Christmas morning we took the roast of the fridge and rubbed it down with lots of salt and pepper.  Let it rest for a long time on the counter.  About 11:30 we put it in the oven and roasted it for 35 minutes.  I am not sure how my oven is at keeping warm, I turned the oven down to 200.  I checked the internal temp after an hour and half and it was perfect for us.  We let it rest for about 20 minutes while we made salad and set the table.

Oh and I did rub down a few HUGE Russet potatoes with olive oil and lots of salt,  Wrapped them in foil and put them in the oven when we put the roast in.  The potatoes came out fantastic!!  Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.





Look how nice and browned the roast got.  The ends were crispy and when I sliced them off my son snatched them up right away.

I totally forgot to snap a picture of slices, but it was a little more than medium. That is how the female population in my house prefer it.  Obviously the middle was a little more pink, like the male population likes it.

Oh......and the pan juices were incredible!!!  We poured that all over the roast slices and potatoes.  Would I make this type of roast again?  YOU BET!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails