Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

1/01/2013

Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake

I saw this pretty Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake on Pinterest.  I thought it would be perfect for Christmas.  I decided to cheat a bit with the cake since Christmas Eve day was a bit crazy.  I bought a Chocolate Cake mix and added the peppermint extract and chocolate chips.

After the cake was baked and cooled I followed the directions for the glaze and topping.

Glaze & Topping
3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 to 2 Tbsp low-fat milk
1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/8 tsp peppermint extract
2 peppermint candy canes, crushed
 
Mix the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and drizzle over cooled cake then sprinkle with the crushed candy canes.
 
 
It was so pretty!  The directions say that you may leave the leftovers on the counter.  So I left it on a covered cake pedestal.  The next morning well......it looked awful!  The candy canes had dissolved and ran down the sides of the cake.
 
It still tasted good, but I would not make this again unless it was served and eaten all in the same day.

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails