Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

12/03/2012

Peppermint Sugar Body Scrub - Sample

Our church has an annual gift making day for children.  This is the first year that I am involved and I thought it would be nice to make some "spa" type of gifts.

All you need is
Coconut Oil
Small Mason Jar (these are 8 oz)
Granulated Sugar
Fragrance
Liquid Dye (optional)

In each mason jar add approx 3/4 cup of granulated sugar and start with a 1/2 cup of the coconut oil.  I find that if you warm it in the microwave for about 30 seconds it will be a nice liquid consistency.

Add a few drops of the fragrance and dye.

Carefully stir it all together.  You may need a bit more sugar and oil.  It should still be grainy.


I then added a few strips of double sided tape and a pretty ribbon.  I just stink at making pretty bows.  I also added a label.  I couldn't get the original striped label to print correctly so I just downloaded a premade label from Avery.



1 comment:

Rene said...

Hi Lynn,

I haven't had much time to read your posts but the ones I do get to are awesome. I love the peppermint scrub idea. I can't wait to try it. Thanks.

Irene DOnovan (Boston)

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails