Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

7/03/2012

Chicken Tortilla Bake

I love love love Pinterest!  I found the recipe for Chicken Tortilla Bake on there and had high expectations.

2 10 3/4oz cans of cream of chicken
1 can of diced tomatoes and green chilies
12 6 inch corn tortillas
3 cups of cooked chicken (I like to roast mine in the oven then chop up)
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Combine the 3 cans and mix them up, then set aside.  When I did, I gave it a quick taste and it was bland!  So I tossed in some taco seasoning.  I am thinking salsa would have been a better match than the diced tomatoes.

Chop up the tortillas into bite sized pieces.
Layer 1/3 of the tortillas onto the bottom of a 13x9 pan.
Place half of the chicken on top of the tortillas
Then spoon 1/2 the soup mixture on top of the chicken
Repeat layers and top with the rest of the tortilla strips.
Cover and bake for 40 minutes
Top with cheese and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until the cheese melts and the top layer of corn tortillas get a bit crispy.



It was ok...it certainly didn't wow me.  It really needs some sort of texture...

1 comment:

The Better Baker said...

I prefer this kind of dish over any other entree. My mouth watered just looking at your photos. MORE Please! =)

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails