Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

6/08/2012

Frozen Berry Cobbler - Thanks to Pinterest

I know I have mentioned a few times lately about my love of Pinterest.  This recipe for what I call Frozen Berry Cobbler really caught my eye.  I read through all the comments and kind of made some changes. 

This morning Miss V and I were at Sweetbay and picked up the ingredients.

24 oz frozen fruit
1 box cake mix, the original recipe called for "non" pudding cake, but I didn't notice it until we got home that this one does have pudding in the mix.
1 can of diet soda (I just got an 8 pack of Sprite 16 oz bottles)

Preheat your oven to 350.

Place the frozen berries in the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish.

Now here is where I changed from the original recipe.  It said to just sprinkle on the cake mix and pour the soda over it and do not mix.  From the comments some commenter's said that there were spots of dry mix after cooking.

So Miss V mixed the cake mix and soda in a bowl and then spread it over the fruit.





I did sprinkle on some sanding sugar for texture.

Bake for 55-60 minutes depending on your fruit.  Mine took closer to 60 minutes.




It actually came out better than my expectations!  I am not sure if it was Miss V's choice of fruit or what.  But you can certainly change it up with different fruit.

2 comments:

The Better Baker said...

Yuummmm! You sure can't top that for quick and easy huh?? Awesome recipe..and Miss V could do it all on her own...Wow!!

Jennifer @ Living a Changed Life said...

It looks great!!

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails