Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

4/24/2012

Lil' Kahuna Sliders

Miss V spotted these little sandwiches in Food Network Magazine recently.  I did have to make a few substitutions.

3 KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls, cut horizontally in half
3 pcs. chicken thigh meat
4 oz. Italian dressing
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 green bell pepper, cut to the size of the dinner roll
1/2 red bell pepper, cut to the size of the dinner roll
1 oz. red onion, cut to the size of the dinner roll
6 pcs. pineapple chunks
Pineapple top for garnish
Pickle and olives to garnish
3 oz. lilikoi aioli (recipe below)

Combine Italian dressing, oregano and basil, divide. Marinate chicken thighs with half of the dressing mix for several hours and vegetables with the remaining dressing for half an hour.

Grill chicken, vegetables, and pineapple chunks.

Arrange on a skewer, cherry tomato 1st, top of bread, onion, bell pepper, chicken, bottom of bread, and a cherry tomato on the bottom to hold sandwich in place. Stick into the pineapple top any style you like.

Serve with Lilikoi Aioli 1/4 cup mayonnaise 2 tbsp. lilikoi (passion fruit) preserves Whisk together mayonnaise and preserves until smooth. Makes 3 servings.

So I accidently got the mini sub rolls which worked out fine.  The second substitution was that I used chicken breasts.  I cut the breast in half and on the thick piece, I sliced that in half to make it thinner.

I couldn't find passion fruit preserves so I used Mango which was really good.  Oh and I used grilled pineapple rings.





Oh and obviously I doubled the recipe since it was our dinner.  I served the with a tossed salad and sweet potato puffs.

These were really good and will definitely be made again this summer!



No comments: